Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Ambition never comes to an end.



~Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life -- think of it, dream of it, live on that idea~






Let's see what an ambition actually means:

 am·bi·tion

  
 noun

an EARNEST DESIRE for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and thewillingness to strive for its attainment.


Look at this definition carefully. What do you see?
Are you ambitious? Do you have an EARNEST DESIRE to achieve something? What?
    




I remember when I was in  second standard, my teacher asked me to write an essay on my "ambition in life". Most of my friends wrote that they wanted to be doctors, engineers, scientists but I wanted my essay to be different, so I went to my dad and asked for suggestions. My dad gave me several living examples of my relatives so that I visualize what I would  like to become. I thought for long and I told dad that I was very impressed by the ones  who read news on television. So, my dad asked me not to waste any more time and write everything what I liked about them. I did the same but had written nothing about my contribution to the society as a news reader. Obviously I had written a very poor essay but my teacher liked it for it being something new. With the fullness of time, I grew up to be a good student and a gregarious person. I loved writing. I used to write whenever something new or interesting cropped up into my mind. I enacted myself as a news reader and stood in front of mirror and spoke anything which I had recently learnt about.I took part in debates, declamations, and extempore and emerged as an excellent orator. Whenever someone asked me about my ambitions, without wasting a single moment, I replied I wanted to be a news anchor.

However, as time passed, the hoard of students started taking coaching classes and even I was thrown into the bandwagon. After slogging hard for two years i finally got admission into a prestigious college and my parents convinced me that doing this will definitely pave a way to succeed. Currently I am doing my B.tech in Information Technology with least interest in it. But I am at least content that I have an aim and have enough determination to fulfill it. Apart from studying and recreation, I take out time to watch my favorite newsreaders speak and try expressing it in my way. A fully robust ambitious personality is an awesome tool of influence so as to master my public speaking skills.. I will enroll my name in a diploma course during my first semester vacations. I am jotting down the colleges from where I can do my Masters in Mass Communications.
Now knowing that I have crossed at least one of the many stepping stones to my ambition, I brew up with determination to work even harder.Today is a great time to shape up the person I want to be. I am doing my bit to achieve my ambition. ARE YOU?    

No comments:

Post a Comment